The last two days of the cruise were sea days. Meaning for me they were a blend of rest, workout, eat, read, and repeat in varying orders. 🙂
After dinner on the next to last night, I headed to the final production show – Center Stage. I am puzzled as to why they don’t do it the final night, but it is what it is I suppose.
I did have a momentary freak-out/flashback to a horrid show on the Radiance last summer when the show started with the notes to Styx’s “Come Sail Away”. (Last summer the one production show I ventured to was technically called “City of Dreams” but I refer to it as “City of Nightmares” it was so bad – and I was stuck in my row so I could not escape.) Adding to it, the singer’s outfit was eerily similar. BUT no fake ship.
And no worries! This show was great!
After the show I went back to my cabin and got about as packed as I could – leaving out just what I’d need the next day and the day after.
On the 12th, the last day of the cruise, I will admit to crying when I said good-bye to Yara. She had been so amazing – I didn’t mean to get attached, but I did.
She knew I liked to exercise, so she put bear in “push-up” position. 🙂 She was that awesome!
Dinner was as always – said good-bye to Mohit and Mikhail, and never saw my head waiter. (Surprising as they almost always make an appearance on the final night – tip night. Actually being accustomed to Disney Cruise Line’s policy of anything allergy-related going through the head waiter, I was VERY surprised I never saw him/her.)
Then it was over to the wine bar to buy a glass of wine and toast to an amazing vacation…
Then it was off to the cabin to pack up everything except PJs, clothes for the trip home, and toiletries needed in the morning – and the luggage went outside the door.
And then I just chilled in the cabin – reading, writing in the journal I was keeping (what this commentary has come from), and so forth. No “See Ya Real Soon” party or anything to kill time.
That night was VERY rocky – we ran into one of those random pop-up Mediterranean storms. Big time wind and waves! I loved the motion – but people were definitely talking about it at breakfast!
Another good flight in business class, and I was home.
As promised, here are the links to my complete albums.
- Barcelona Album
- Brilliance of the Seas Album
- Villefranche Album
- Livorno Album
- Rome Album
- Amalfi Coast Album
- Venice Album
- Ravenna Album
- Kotor Album
Overall it was an amazing trip. Some things I learned…
- When available, I will be getting a beverage package. Even if I don’t “break even” just knowing that I can have a drink and not have to worry about if I have enough left on my account will be nice.
- Where there are people, there will be drama. Tender tickets, deck chairs, airports even with assigned seats on planes… Just chill and go with it.
- It really does not matter what body shape/type you have when it comes to swim suits. Wear what makes you comfortable and don’t worry about what other people think.
- Pack half the amount of clothes and twice the amount of tampons I think I’ll need.
- It’s not Disney, but Royal Caribbean does have some nice ships, and I can cruise them if I have to.
- There is so much more of the world I want to explore! There is always something to learn out there in the big wide world!!
Thanks for coming along on my trip!