Training Day 71 ~ BLAH!!!!

It’s a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day here in Beth-ville. No one thing I can put my finger on. Just sort of the cumulation of a bunch of stuff.

After school I went to the post office to get part of my gift from my Secret Santa on the beginners forum. Was walking along fine, no problem. Until this girl who had been standing on the sidewalk decided to take a huge step back, right into my path. And I tumbled hard. And she just turned around and looked at me like “What the…?” Two men nearby – one on the sidewalk with me and one in a car at the corner – asked if I was ok and made sure I was moving alright. She still said nothing. I don’t think it was intentional, but still. Thankfully my knee doesn’t seem to be any more sore than it was from hitting the bedframe. My hip’s a little sore, but it was kinda sore anyway. The heels of both hands are bruised. But other than that I’m fine – and my coat stayed intact too. I had on my new red coat and would have been a VERY unhappy camper if it had gotten ripped.

But it was all I could do to NOT burst into tears. I had to choke down sobs when I got around the corner still. I wasn’t hurt. And wasn’t even that embarrassed. It was just sort of that proverbial straw, you know?

Tomorrow’s lottery day for the NYC Half. At the point that happened, some people were already reporting charges appearing on their accounts. Nothing had shown up on mine. And I think that really was a case of not realizing just how much I wanted to get into that race until I didn’t think I had. NOW there is a pending charge on my account…but I’m trying not to get my hopes up in case they authorize everyone’s and then those that don’t get in just have the pending charge dropped. But it seems like a hopeful sign.

I REALLY didn’t want to do anything exercise-wise this afternoon. Especially after the tumble. But I did make myself do Jillian’s Banish Fat Boost Metabolism – well, all but the last 2 circuits. I was just getting really tired and I knew that there are a lot of jumping exercises in those two, and I didn’t want to hurt myself. So I skipped to the cool-down. It’s cool…still got in 45 minutes of exercise.

The HRM still isn’t working. So I may call around to sports and running stores tomorrow and see if anyone carries just the HRM for Garmin devices. If not, I’ll order it and splurge for super speedy shipping.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better and happier day.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s